This position combines the duties of (predominantly) Housekeeping, office/reception, meet & greet, light cleaning and gardening around our Otter Falls resort.
The person chosen for this role will need to be confident in dealing with people both face to face and on the telephone. They must be energetic, flexible, a good ‘all-rounder’, and able to enjoy the challenge of a multi-faceted and interesting job. You will have a good eye for detail (e.g., presentation of accommodation/keeping public areas clean and tidy), be able to meet deadlines and have a working knowledge of office machinery and IT. A friendly disposition and reliability are vital as is the ability to work as part of a small friendly team. You will be required to drive a resort vehicle around site.
The duties will include but not be limited to
Housekeeping: Shared with head of housekeeping
· Making up unit linen bags, cleaning materials and equipment & distribution of bags /vacuums to units
· Stripping beds, delivering linen to laundry room, checking units, replacing missing/broken items & advising of any maintenance problems
· Final check of cottages and lodges after completion of cleaning/repair activities. Arranging for any omissions/faults to be rectified
· Stock control of cleaning materials, cleaning equipment, linen etc. and reporting requirements to management for re-order
· During low occupation cleaning of a unit may be required
Meet & Greet:
· Welcoming new arrivals and accompanying them to their accommodation,
· explaining the cottage/lodge attributes.
· Describing site facilities.
· Handing over keys.
Office & Reception Duties:
· General office activities to include filing, records maintenance, photocopying, mailing, telephone and email enquiries etc.
· Dealing with guest enquiries.
To support the above duties, it will be important to have a full understanding of the site, including facilities, and detailed knowledge of each unit. In quieter times other light duties assisting spring cleaning/gardening/maintenance will be required
3 days – Monday/Friday/Saturday plus one Sunday a month on a rota basis
Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Some flexibility on days/hours will be required especially in busy periods
Reference ID: OF 0004
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.30 per hour